Thursday, February 12, 2009

Unsung Hero - Sam Rye



Unlike most of the other volunteer coordinators I have met on my travels Sam from CVNZ did not originally start out in conservation. Instead he got a degree in Business and Marketing and started his career in that line of business.

At some point he decided that he had had enough of this sort of lifestyle and changed his career to become a full time conservationist.

It must have taken a lot of guts to do it but from what I can see he is enjoying every minute of his new life.

I am still unsure if I will go down the conservation route myself when I return home to Ireland but Sam has shown me it can be done – I will wait and see!

1 comment:

PAUL MALLEY said...

Saturday 24th January 2009.
Man City fall victim to Portsmouth's sack the manager ploy:

Portsmouth 2 Man City 0
Johnson 70
Hreidarsson 75

Attend: 20018 Half-time: 0-0