Monday, February 23, 2009

Wanaka, New Zealand

30th - 31st Jan

I arrived in Wanaka and booked into a small quiet hostel. I then did a walk around town and bumped into some of the Kiwi gang from Franz Joseph Glacier who intorduced me to more of their bunch. I arranged to meet them later at Base backpackers where they were staying to continue drinking.

After a rather good cheap BBQ at base hostel we were all looking to go out and explore the town for some good bars. After looking around we learnt that BASE was the only happening bar in the town and so ended the night back there getting merrily pissed.

The next day everyone was heading to Queenstown via Wanaka puzzle world which is a great stop off - for only $12.50 you can get to look at holograms and visual art and weird tilted rooms. Then you can go and try their rather hard maze which I did in the hot feirce sun but I eventually did it!

Facebook pics

No comments: